Spend your Cinco de Mayo by doing something different this year. Instead of chugging Coronas by the gallon and eating four pounds of burritos, help out a good cause and have a good time by attending the Spring Gala at the Plains Art Museum. So bust out your best suit, find your swankiest hat and get down to the Plains Art Museum’s “Hang on to your hats.”
Five reasons to check out the Spring Gala:
1. Think of the children – All money raised goes to support the education programs the Plains Art Museum offers. These programs range from Kidsquest, a free monthly arts activity for kids that happens at the museum, to Plains Art Cases, a free art case that is shipped to rural schools that brings materials such as posters, multimedia educational materials and other beneficial educational equipment to schools.
2. Free food for the starving artist – There will be wine tasting, hors d’oeuvres, coffee and desserts from various local businesses.
3. Come on, vogue – MeJeanne Couture will be holding a fashion show featuring their local fashion and models.
4. Let your body groove to the music – Post Traumatic Funk Syndrome will be rocking the Plains Art Museum long into the night. They will start performing at 10 p.m. on the third floor of the museum.
5. Pack the museum – Last year over 600 people packed the museum for their masquerade theme party. They’re hoping to do the same thing this year.
For more information and to purchase tickets visit www.plainsart.org.